Sunday, February 9, 2014

Triptych Montage




Steam Punk Time Travel

One of my all-time favorite movies is Donnie Darko, and that was something that came to mind while doing this project. Not only does it deal with time travel, it sort of gave me a theme to think about. I used "Stem Punk Time Travel," but I also wanted to keep a very dark feeling, and perhaps creepy. I used the dates as a symbol of time travel, and keys to symbolize the ability to do it, or do anything. I did some research on time travel and steam punk, and since steam punk stems from the Victorian era, I attempted to include things that also made sense, such as the dress, and the plague doctors mask, etc. The last one, I used the largest date I could make, and made it rather clustered and confusing on purpose, because the more we grow and expand into time travel, or just get older, the more things we create, and the more complicated life becomes. I also dropped the background, but still used the gear from the two previous photos, because it doesn't seem as anchored, which ties in with the whole idea. It's generally confusing, and that's what I was going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment